Thursday 29 March 2012

EVALUATION ACTIVITY 7

Looking back at your preliminary task (the school magazine task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?



Looking back at the work I did from my preliminary task of the school magazine, I can see a big improvement. The school magazine was really rough, just exploring different ideas with fonts, colours, sizes and shapes that i put together to create a mishmash of a magazine. I definitely didn't follow the magazine conventional rule of using 3 fonts, you can see that it looks messy and not appealing to look at. Also the tag lines I used in all four corners are all out of shape and different. Nothing is equally level or symmetrical like it should be. My model, Danny, is looking down at a folder creating no eye contact what so ever, and a quarter of his face is hidden by hair and shadow which is not good for a front cover photo as you want to interact with the target audience. The cover lines aren't clear and 'Danny Medland' is blurred into the other Cover Lines when he is the main story. On the other hand, you can see a big difference in the use of Photo Shop used to create my final product of forward magazine. I found out you could use rulers and grids on Photo Shop to make sure everything is even to create a professional look which I used throughout the course of making my product. I knew i wanted a close shot for my front cover which would challenge the conventions of a normal magazine but it was to create the look I was going for - odd and different but classy and mature.


Throughout the making of my magazine I have had a clear idea of where I was going with it and what I wanted to represent through it. I knew it would be challenging to try and successfully create a different genre of magazine whilst still keeping it focused on music. I did this by just referring to my research, inspirations and then making sure i took good use of the information and research I found out. I feel I did well creating a new vibe magazine with twists and an edge to it. I am happy and pleased with my overall media product of FORWARD music magazine and I am proud of myself for the effort I put into creating it and the improvement I have made along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment