Thursday 29 March 2012

EVALUATION ACTIVITY 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

The main technological item i used throughout making my product was Photo Shop CS5. I was lucky enough to also have this at home this way i could easily send home work i did in school to carry on with at home and vise versa. I learnt from using Photo Shop about the different layers needed to be used at all times when creating a new section, this way you don't get confused and work doesn't get lost within the process of making the product. From using Photo Shop in my own time i didn't struggle with figuring out how to work it because I have used it a lot before, this was a good advantage as i didn't have to waste time trying to pick it up and learn about it.



I used picasa to upload the images that I took and to view them all together. Picasa is a quick, simple and easy way to upload and view photos. It was easy for me to see in sections the different style of photo i took because the layout is so clear. I then needed to share my pictures and out them onto my blog but taking 293, this could have proven difficult. I think remembered you can use Picasa Web Albums with a google account so i easily figured out how to create a web album which i then linked onto this page to view my photos.
A problem i faced was not having a camera at the time i needed to take the photos. However I ended up using my iPhone 4s with an eight mega pixle camera. Also on the camera there was a setting to use the important camera grid and apply the rule of thirds to my photographs. The more I did with the grid the more i got use to it with fitting everything in the right place to create a correct photo. The quality of the photos was surprisingly really good and not having a proper camera to use didn't effect me in the end!  




 Scribd is a good way to upload word, publisher documents to your blog by uploading them which then automaticaly transforms it into a Scribd document which you can then easily embed onto your blog. Its easy to view from and helped me clearly see the work I had done after being embedded.

 I really like Animoto, I think its a new and different way to share and explore work. I created a mood board on here which was fun because it edited it all for me in a funky way which was good to watch. It allowed me to upload images and add text along with music to help bring together my magazine idea and really show it through for an audience to watch. I then easily embedded it onto my blog which was then able to view any time after for a quick reminder of my inspirations. I would definitely use this again.

Prezzi is like a slide show of a mind map. It was interesting to get the hang of but after i had gotten use to it, i managed to create good work on it. I like the easy flow throughout the slide which is good for an audience to watch because its continuous. This is a lot more visual but it can be edited and changed to many way to keep it original and fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment